In what must be the most bizarre report on the terrorism in Norway the BBC highlight the terrorist’s links with the Knights Templar, even providing a potted history of the Knights Templar. The reason for this ridiculous spin on Breivik’s killing spree is due to his involvement in a 12-minute anti-Muslim video called Knights Templar 2083.
Taken this extremely tenuous connection the BBC website provides a side-bar of information about the Knights Templar:
- Western military monastic orders that existed from 12th-14th Centuries
- Reputed to possess great wealth and power
- Fighting members took part in Crusades
- Many organisations today bear the Templar name – charitable ventures, bodies within lay Catholicism and within Freemasonry
- White supremacists, apparently including Anders Behring Breivik, also inspired by Knights Templar
Protect the Pope comment: Instead of focusing on Breivik’s links with Neo-Nazism or European racist anti-immigrant groups, the media has been pushing the line that he was a ‘Christian fundamentalist terrorist’. But as the former prime minister of Norway said after 10,000 Norwegians attended Mass at the Lutheran Cathedral of Oslo today, this attack has got nothing to do with Christianity.
The BBC’s ridiculous link to the Knights Templar is a desperate attempt to maintain their false spin on this appalling outrage, and is an insult to all the Norwegians who attended Mass and prayer services today as they try to come to terms with the murder of so many young people.